As a global platform for creativity and self-expression, BIHOF is deeply committed to supporting and protecting freedom of speech. At the same time, we draw lines around a few narrowly-defined but deeply important categories of content and behavior that jeopardize our users, threaten our infrastructure, or damage our community.
What BIHOF is for:
BIHOF celebrates creativity expressions. We want you to express yourself freely and use BIHOF to reflect how you feel about our Public Transit Systems.
What BIHOF is not for:
- Malicious Bigotry. Don’t actively promote violence or extreme hatred against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. While we firmly believe that the best response to hateful speech is not censorship but more speech, we will take down malicious bigotry, as defined here.
- Harm to Minors. Be thoughtful when posting anything involving a minor. Don’t post anything relating to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Don’t bully minors, even if you are one. Life as a teenager is hard enough without the fear, anguish, and isolation caused by online bullying.
- Promotion and Glorification of Self-Harm. Don’t post content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm. This includes content that urges or encourages readers to cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, e.g., seeking counseling or treatment, or joining together in supportive conversation with those suffering or recovering from depression or other conditions. Dialogue about these behaviors is incredibly important and online communities can be extraordinarily helpful to people struggling with these difficult conditions. We aim to sustain BIHOF as a place that facilitates awareness, support and recovery, and to remove only those blogs that cross the line into active promotion or glorification of self-harm.
- Gore and Mutilation Content. Don’t post gore just to be shocking. Don’t showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals, or their remains.
- NSFW Posts. BIHOF is home to thousands of readers and posters from a variety of locations, cultures, and backgrounds with different points of view concerning adult-oriented content. It is not allowed here on BIHOF.
- Username and URL Abuse. BIHOF’s URLs (usernames) are for the use and enjoyment of our users. Don’t squat, hoard, collect, trade, or sell BIHOF URLs, and don’t register a URL for the purpose of impersonating an individual, organization, or brand.
- Mass Registration and Automation. Don’t register accounts or post content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement. Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you aren’t authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked work (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don’t. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Terms of Service and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Impersonation, Stalking, or Harassment. Treat the community the way you’d like to be treated. Don’t attempt to circumvent the Block feature. If you want to parody or ridicule a public figure (and who doesn’t?), don’t try to trick readers into thinking you are actually that public figure.
- Privacy Violations. Don’t use BIHOF to deceptively obtain personal information. Don’t post content that violates anyone’s privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, unlisted contact information, or private photos of your ex’s junk (no matter how attractive).
- Disruptions, Exploits, and Resource Abuse. Our servers and the valiant engineers who support them work hard for you. Don’t attempt unauthorized use, disruption, or exploitation of BARTIdiotHallofFame.com or our other products and services, or otherwise abuse BIHOF’s resources.
- Unlawful Uses and Content. This one’s pretty obvious, but BIHOF is not a place for illegal behavior, including fraud, phishing, or illegally inciting violence.
And now, some words from our lawyers:
If we conclude you are violating these policies, you may receive a notice via email. If you don’t explain or correct your behavior, your account may be suspended and/or your IP address may be blocked. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these policies in our sole discretion, and these policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
We also reserve the right to amend these policies using the procedures set forth in ourTerms of Service.
If you have questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Link to Prior Versions
You will find a link to prior versions of our Community Guidelines below. We have stored these versions on GitHub, which will also allow you to compare different versions and see what terms have changed: